Thursday, March 15, 2012

Talk about fast service...

I decided I couldn't take the pain anymore and had J take me in. From the time we walked through the doors till the time we were on our way home was a total 35 minutes. They could win some kind of an award for that! You could tell my nurse had no clue what a chiari was and when my blood Pressure was 122/43 she tried to explain to my why it could be like that and I just responded with that is a symptom of a chiari. The doc seemed to know a bit more and was baffled that I was having pain all over my body, but I told him that it can happen. Well and that I have a herniated disc in my lumbar region. I'm sure it's spazzing out too. I mean hello I haven't exactly had the best of posture lately. Anyway the shot me up with some Stadol and sent me on my mary way. It's been about 20 minutes and my nurse said it takes 30min to get the full affect. I sure hope it all of a sudden has some kind of a magical explosion because otherwise this chica is still going to me in mega pain. Yes I know I'm being silly, but I'm trying to do something to take my mind off it all.

Advice to those who seek medical attention: Carry around a reference guide to Chiari Malformation along with symptoms or you my just get the confused look from those who are supposed to be the medical experts!

No comments:

Post a Comment